The benefits of being a member of the International Association for Children’s Spirituality
As a member of the International Association of Children’s Spirituality you will be able to take advantage of a range of valuable benefits and opportunities:
- individual subscription to the International Journal of Children’s Spirituality at less than the normal subscription rate;
- access to the members’ area of the website which includes electronic access to all back copies of the journal;
- the chance to post information about your research (actual or proposed), projects and consultancies on the website.
Membership runs from January to December and costs only £50 a year. An online-only option is also available, where membership for £25 will include access to the members’ area and thus the online journal only.
You can now pay for membership using a credit card or set up a direct debit arrangement to renew your membership each year.
Members who join part way through the year will receive back issues of the current volume of the IJCS.
To become a member please contact our societies team email@example.com
We are keen for members to contribute ideas, new thinking, publications, information etc. to our members’ area.
Currently we plan to involve the growing membership, and to recruit more members, by expanding the members’ area to include:
- a regular email updating members about new developments and encouraging them to add their own contributions.
- the chance for members to publish ‘position papers’ (shorter and less academic than articles in the IJCS) to prompt comment and discussion.
- the chance to set out preliminary ideas on research or projects, with a view to prompting comment or finding support or possible research partners.
- the opportunity for local/regional networking and possible satellite conferences between International Conferences.
- book reviews, especially those which have not been published in the IJCS.
If you are a member, or considering becoming one, and have any comments or ideas for developing IACS membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirituality- what are we talking about?
In January 2010, we have published in the members’ area a position paper by Dr Tony Eaude with this title to prompt discussion among the membership.
Members are invited to log in, download this and send their comments to him. These comments will then be published either as written or summarised (depending on the amount sent in) to prompt further debate.